Top 9 FAQs About Mold – EPA
When a residential or commercial property suffers a water damage disaster, mold spores begin to appear within 48-72 hours. SERVPRO of Salem West has the training and experience to properly execute the resolution of mold growth. In the case of mold growth in your Salem residential or commercial property SERVPRO of Salem West can inspect, determine the cause and remediate your property.
According to the EPA, here are the top 9 things you should know about mold.
- Learn to control mold growth indoors. Maintain a low humidity level, especially high moisture in the bathroom and kitchen.
- Immediately clean and eliminate the source of mold. If you are unable to or unsure, call in the professionals.
- Repair or replace the source of water leak or problem.
- Maintaining bathroom vents, dryers, and range hoods will lessen the possibility of mold growth. Be aware during hot weather when running your air conditioner units that there is no water spillage.
- Immediately dry any water damaged surface or materials.
- Use a combination of water and detergent to clean mold off of surfaces. This is less toxic than bleach and will not cause further damage to the surface.
- Maintaining insulation properly (i.e. window ceils, door jams, crawlspaces, attics) will reduce the collection of condensation.
- Carpet should never be installed in bathrooms or kitchens due to the high moisture and humidity.
- Inspect surfaces and object that have set in water damage, mold can grow on any surface including but not limited to cardboard, furniture, water fountains, and food.
If you have questions or need help with your Oregon residential or commercial property, you can call SERVPRO of Salem West anytime, day or night at (503) 393-9999.