Canned Food Drive - Salem, OR
SERVPRO of Salem West partnering with Marion-Polk Food Share
SERVPRO of Salem West is taking part in an In-House canned food drive. We are partnering with the Marion-Polk Food Share.
Did you know:
- 1 in 8 Oregon neighbors are food-insecure
- Marion-Polk Food Share serves 40,000 neighbors, every month
- 1 in 5 Oregon children are food-insecure
- Marion-Polk Food Share serves 14,000 children, every month
- Senior food-insecurity is increasing
- Marion-Polk Food Share greets and feed over 400 home-bound seniors, every day, through Salem-Keizer Meals on Wheels
You can ready more regarding the Marion-Polk Food Share here for more information.
Keep your eyes open for new updates including videos from our team and pictures. We are proud to have the opportunity to partner with the Marion-Polk Food Share this year.
Water Heater Line Sprung a Leak – Salem, Oregon
Water damage from a leaking water line.
SERVPRO® of Salem West was called out to a home in Salem, OR due to a water line to the water heater springing a leak.
The homeowner noticed water collecting around the water heater but did not realize the intensity until water was leaking into the basement. The homeowner jumped into action by trying to dry the floor with fans, then called SERVPRO® of Salem West to inspect the damage and begin the mitigation process. Our crew was onsite within a few hours with water extraction equipment at the ready.
The damage extended from the floor surrounding the water heater and through the ceiling above the basement. The homeowner knew the damage was extensive and was reassured that all would be taken care of.
SERVPRO® of Salem West brought out the infrared camera to spot the exact areas of the water damage. With the use of this tool, our team was able to efficiently dry the areas of water damage. Once dry, the process of replacing the materials began.
Our company never leaves the homeowner in a jam with an unfinished project.
If you find yourself in the unfortunate event of a water loss, no matter the size, make sure to call SERVPRO® of Salem West (503) 393-9999. We will return your property back to preloss condition quickly.
Water Damage Timeline – Salem, Oregon
One of the services that SERVPRO® of Salem West offers is water damage and mold mitigation. When an unfortunate and sudden water loss occurs, time is very much of the essence. Here is a general timeline for a water loss.
- Water rapidly spreads and penetrateseven the smallest of spaces, saturating everything in its way.
- Water is absorbed into porous materials including drywall, flooring, sheetrock, upholstery, and personal contents.
- Furniture finishes may bleed causing permanent discoloration on flooring.
- Paper belongings including photographs, books, and hard copy records become saturated, causing them to expand and become distorted.
1 – 24 Hours:
- Musty odors appear.
- Drywall and sheetrock begin to swell and crumble.
- Furniture begins to expand and fissure.
- Metal surfaces begin to discolor and blemish.
- Dyes and inks from textiles and paper goods that are saturated start to run, staining nearby surfaces.
2 Days - 1 Week:
- Paint begins to bubble.
- Wood flooring swells and buckles.
- Mold and mildew start to spore, thriving in the moist environment.
- Metal begins to oxidize and crumble.
- Furniture distorts and shows signs of mold growth on surfaces.
- Doors, windows, and structural studs enlarge and warp.
Longer Than 1 Week:
- Mold development and structural safety could be a great risk factor to occupants.
- Restoration time may be substantial (including replacement of affected materials and structural restoration), creating monetary expenses to increase drastically every day it is left untreated.
The sooner our highly experienced and trained team can get on-site and beginmitigationfor the water damage, the better; not only for you, but for the building and contents as well. Give our SERVPRO® of Salem Wests office a call at (503) 393-9999. We will quickly have your property and contents back to preloss condition, “Like it never even happened.”
To Deep Fry Your Turkey or Not – Salem, Oregon
Holiday seasons bring cheer and warmth when family gathers for good food and memories. Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and so much more fill the table and the air. How do you cook your turkey? The popular way is outdoors using a turkey fryer, but do you know how to operate the fryer properly?
Here are the do’s and don’ts of frying your turkey for the holiday.
- ONLY use a turkey that has completely thawed.
- Make sure the surface you are placing the fryer on is level and at least 10 feet away from any flammable materials, including buildings.
- Follow the instruction manual when using the fryer, paying close attention to the amount of to use.
- Frequently use and monitor the oil temperature with the appropriate thermometer.
- NEVER use a frozen turkey.
- Do not overfill the fryer with oil. If the oil spills over and touches the heating element/flame it will combust and can possibly cause serious harm to an individual or the surroundings.
- NEVER use water to extinguish an oil fire. This will cause the fire to splatter and spread.
We all want to enjoy our holiday time with friends and family, eating amazing food and creating new memories. Safety is very important when you decide how to cook your turkey, whether it be in the over or outdoors in a turkey fryer. No one ever wants an unexpected visit from their local fire department.
In any case of fire when you are left with residual damage to your property SERVPRO® of Salem West is on the job. Any time of day or night, holiday or not we have teams to dispatch in your time of need. Call us at (503) 393-9999.
Local Salem, Oregon Small Business Board-Up
Damage to the interior of this local Salem, Oregon small business.
SERVPRO® of Salem West answered the call of a disaster to a local Salem, Oregon business before dawn on November 14, 2018. Upon arrival our team inspected the damage; glass and metal debris both inside and outside of the building. The team got to work right away, safely removing the glass pieces in order to have a safe work area.
Did you know that SERVPRO will perform building board-ups when necessary? After our team was able to remove all the unsafe materials they then went and got the needed materials to perform a board-up. This service helped the tenants to be at ease knowing their property would not endure further damage.
Tables and chairs were damaged, but no one was hurt.
Even our General Manager was there, we had a terrific team!
After suffering damage to your home or business property SERVPRO® of Salem West will be on scene to clean-up, board-up and restore the damage. In the event of damage give us a call (503) 393-9999. 24/7/365.
Preparation of Your Water Pipes During Cold Weather
Remember Us (503) 393-9999
Approximately 1 in 5 homes will suffer some form of water damage during frigid temperatures. The leading cause is frozen pipes not properly insulated. No matter the age of your home, before the cold weather strikes make sure to inspect your pipes. Catching the problem before it becomes a disaster will save your money and stress.
We all know that the freezing temperature is 32 degrees Fahrenheit and if your pipes are not properly insulated, it can take only a few minutes for the water to freeze completely. If you find yourself with frozen pipes DO NOT use hot water! This will cause the pipe to burst from the sudden temperature change.
During extreme cold temperatures it is best to maintain a slow drip from your water faucets. This will keep the water running and less likely to freeze. Standing water freezes faster because there is no movement. When you keep your faucets open you will be less likely to have a water disaster.
Broken pipes can cause varying degrees of water damage in your home or business. Make sure to take precautionary steps to limit the chance of damage.
SERVPRO® of Salem West is ready to go if your home or business is under a water attack (internal or external). We operate 365 days a year, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. We are there for any size job! Call us (503) 393-9999 during or after a water disaster and we will restore your property quickly.
El Nino Forecasting for the Salem and Surrounding Areas
According to the Seasonal Climate Forecast Salem, Oregon and its surrounding areas can expect to have an El Nino winter, warmer than normal. From “above-average cloud cover” leading to slightly warmer temperatures in November and December we can expect more rain than snow. Heavy amounts of rain can lead to varying degrees of water damage.
In case of water damage here is what to do:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
Now, here is what no to do:
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
For more information regarding water damage click here.
SERVPRO® of Salem West is your first call for fire, water, mold, biohazard and specialty cleaning services and restoration (503) 393-9999
Contents Management and Care – Salem and Surrounding Areas
Secure vaults where your items are stored.
Jessica, our Contents Manager will go above and beyond your expectations to recover and restore your property.
Whether it is in-house cleaning or sending it to a specialist, Jessica and her team do amazing jobs. Content management can be a tedious task, but can set you, our customer back with emotions and concerns about your property. Rest assured we handle your contents with care and precision knowing they are sentimental to you and yours.
Here is a brief explanation of the various phases that can take place after a disaster:
- When necessary, our team will safely pack up your property using the appropriate material per item. Typically, when the damage is significant enough to render remodeling such as dry wall needing replacement or flooring that is when our team will go in and protect your contents. Your contents are then safely stored the SERVPRO® of Salem West facility.
- After your contents have safely arrived at our facility, the cleaning process begins on the items that have been damaged. Items that did not sustain damage are placed in a storage unit and labels appropriately. Our team then works on drying wet items, removing odors as well as simple wipe downs. Contents that have sustained a significant amount of damage are handled with extreme care by our highly trained restoration crew. If any contents are beyond restoration, they are classified as unsalvageable. When that occurs, Jessica will communicate to you and your adjuster to see what the next steps are under your insurance coverage.
- Finally, once the restoration process is complete and your home or business is back to preloss condition it is time to return your contents. Not only do we repack your contents after cleaning, but we unpack and place the items in their original positions.
As your local SERVPRO® of Salem West, we strive for excellence with our customers as well as our employees. We offer many services that can often save you money and the hassle of subcontracting to a moving company.
We are here 24/7/365, including holidays, to better serve our community and customers in their time of need. Call us with concerns or questions (503) 393-9999.
Greeted with Compassion – Salem, OR
Greeted with a smile and compassion.
SERVPRO® of Salem West takes pride in our ability to greet, calm and assist you when you are faced with a fire or water disaster. Not only a disaster but the residual effect from the disaster. Our amazing office team, Stephanie, Jessica, Melinda and Leah are here to take your phone calls. Whether you are calling about an initial loss, an ongoing loss or an emergency call our team will walk you through our informational process, gathering insurance information and answer any questions you may have.
Via telephone and in person our goal is to make sure you, our customer, understand our services and schedule with you accordingly. Our ladies make connections with your insurance agent or adjuster to discuss a plan to restore your home or business to preloss condition.
When they receive a call from you, rest assured that our ladies will take care of you from start to finish and communicate updates and scheduling.
If you are faced with a damage from a disaster call your local SERVPRO® of Salem West (503) 393-9999. We have your back.
Why choose SERVPRO of Salem West??
We work hard and enjoy what we do.
Make SERVPRO® of Salem West your 1st call
Did you know…
- SERVPRO® of Salem West joined the Salem and surrounding area community in September of 1997.
- We have a standing A+ rating with the a Better Business Bureau and have kept that rating since 2003 when we became accredited with the BBB.
- There are 25+ amazing employees, 5 of those employees are U.S. Veterans.
- Our technicians work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. YES, that does include holidays.
- We have highly trained technicians and advanced technology to service your needs after fire or water damage.
- Our technicians get down and dirty in crawl spaces, up in attics, cleaning properties that have biohazard conditions, and so much more.
- Our Special Cleaning Services technicians work on both residential and commercial properties. They clean anything from carpets to upholstery to your ducts & HVAC to vandalism & graffiti.
- Mold is never a fun fungus to experience, with our professional cleaning products we can remediate the mold in your home or business.
- We work hand in hand with your insurance agent and adjuster when a claim has been filed. We also have many customers that self-pay for services.
- Afraid of where your personal property can be stored? We have secure vaults on site for your property and clean items that were damaged from the disaster.
No job is too small or too large for SERVPRO® of Salem West. We are part of your community, here to serve you and we are proud to be here.
If you ever find yourself in need of a professional company to help you through your crisis, remember to call SERVPRO® of Salem West 24/7/365 (503) 393-9999.